The seafood medley contains a combination of shrimp, calamari rings, bay scallops, and Alaskan cod chunks. It can be used in to make rice dishes, chowder, casseroles or stir-fry dishes. The succulent meat is one with an amazing taste that no matter how it is prepared, it will be enjoyed by all. When well prepared, this dish brings out the delicacies of each ingredient found in the making. Here are 2 recipes for a great tasting seafood medley that the whole family will love. The choice is yours!
The seafood medley is made possible with Anderson Seafoods. It is for $12.95, each conveniently sealed package includes equal amounts of shrimp, scallops, squid, and cod, making it the most-delicious addition to any soup, pasta, or stir-fry. It also includes a one pound package of seafood medley vacuum sealed. The staff has over 30 years of experience in providing its services to clients from all around the world. Their services include importing, processing, custom packaging and distributing all varieties of fresh, frozen and live seafood products. Their fresh and frozen seafood are healthy choices and provide a nutritious source of protein and vital nutrients, such as Omega 3's. Anderson Seafoods is America’s trusted source of seafood. Visit them online today to get the seafood medley so that you can cook it to your heart’s content for both you and your family. No dish tastes better than a dish with seafood medley!
Buying Fresh Seafood Online from Anderson Seafoods has never been so easy, or tasted so good!
How to properly defrost frozen seafood: We recommend that all frozen seafood be defrosted by placing product in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours depending upon the density. Never force thaw a product by running it under water (hot or cold as it can cook the product). Not only does this reduce the flavor, but it is also a health hazard.
Seafood Medley Recipe 1
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 6 persons
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds orange rough fillets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- On the stove, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add fillets and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops, cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
- Strain, reserving 1 and a 1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream and reserved liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and seafood mixture, heat through. Serve with pasta.
Seafood Medley Recipe 2
Serving size: 6 persons
- 1 pound linguini
- 3 tbsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 7 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound calamari rings
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 dozen clams
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan with the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté half of the garlic until tender.
- Add the shrimp, calamari and clams to the sauce. Pour the white wine and the lemon juice over the seafood. Season the seafood with the thyme, pepper and salt and simmer over medium heat until seafood is tender and the clams have opened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the water for the pasta to a boil or prepare rice as directed.
- Remove the seafood from the pan and set aside. Continue to simmer the remaining sauce and add the remaining garlic and mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook mushrooms until tender. Remove mushrooms; add the water and sauté sauce over medium high heat until reduced to half.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the tomatoes to the sauce.
- Return the seafood and vegetables to the pan and cook over medium high heat until warmed through. Tomatoes are to be cooked until tender, approximately an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour seafood and sauce over pasta or rice. Pour Romano cheese over the pasta and mix well.
- Serve with lemons, white wine and a crusty French bread.