Pieces of backfin and white meat. Best used in dips, soups, salads, stuffing and crab cakes.
Buying Fresh Seafood Online from Anderson Seafoods has never been so easy, or tasted so good!
Jumbo Crab Cake with Classic Tartar Sauce and Arugula Salad
Makes 6-8 Crab Cakes. Serves 4-6 People
Items You Will Need
(For Each Plate)
- 1 Each Crab Cake (3-4 Ounces Each)
- ½ Cup Wild Arugula
- 1 tsp Lemon Oil (3 Parts Olive Oil / 1 Part Fresh Lemon Juice)
- 1 pinch Flakey Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Tartar Sauce
- ½ Each Grilled Lemon
Recipe: Crab Cake
- 1 Pound Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Peppers (Small Dice)
- 1 Tablespoon Red Peppers (Small Dice)
- 1 Tablespoon Chives (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Each Large Egg
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ Teaspoon Habanero Chili Pepper (Small Dice)
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Ounces Clarified Butter for cooking
Directions To Make:
- Combine all the ingredients in the crab cake except for the crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Over an ice bath, fold in the crab meat.
- Gently add the bread crumbs until thoroughly mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F while prepping the Crab Cakes.
- Take a round ring or a round mold and press in the crab mixture to form a hockey puck-like disk. Repeat until all the crab meat mixture is used.
- When ready, gently coat the top and bottom of the Crab Cake with Bread Crumbs.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the clarified butter and cook the crab cake about 2 minutes on both sides until golden brown. (Be careful not to cook too hot, as the butter will burn quickly)
- Remove the Crab Cakes onto a cookie sheet and place in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes to cook throughout.
- Remove from the oven and place the cooked crab cake on a paper towel so the excess oil drains, reserving for plating.
- Arugula Salad
- Tartar Sauce or Traditional Remoulade
- Grilled Lemon
Steps To Plating:
- Spread the tartar sauce across the front of the plate.
- Place the crab cake in the center of the plate, slightly overlapping the sauce.
- Toss the Arugula